Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Week of October 12th-18th

On Monday, Oct. 17th I was able to give the presentation to Dr. Winter's theatre history class. It went really well, and I had lots of great feedback from them about. One student suggested having a group of us shell peas if the farmers bring some, but I don't think they are bringing any.

On Tuesday, Oct. 18th I also visited two of Dr. Winter's acting classes. Both classes brought a lot of energy and passion to the presentation, and the upper-level acting class gave me 12 signatures with every single person in the class checking the "Yes, I want to volunteer with the campaign" box!!! Also, I stopped and talked to a student that was in a class I previously gave a presentation in. He is a newly elected Freshmen Senator for SGA, so I think we may have a good contact with him for the future of the RFC and Reconnect. Another quick note, one of the DJs on the radio did our Farmers Market PSA and she told me she gave me a shout out for being enthuastic and passionate during the presentation she heard. Nothing can compare to the feeling of being able to convey a message to others and have them say you did a good job. I also attended the Reconnect Meeting Tuesday and met the members we will be working with on Monday. They were all very awesome, passionate people, and I'm glad we can help such a worthwhile group. Bonnie dicussed what needed to be done, and I will bring lots of petitions for walk-up students to sign.


I still haven't heard from Phi Mu's president, so I think it may be time for me to email her tomorrow.

For later this week and the Farmers Market: I have two presentations to give Wed. to Mr. Chauvin's history classes and two to give on Thurs. to Dr. Kleiner's Soc classes. That will give me 7 presentations completed for this week. On Monday, I will be able to help out all day until 2pm when I have me education class, but I can come back at 3pm and watch purchased food or whatever I'm needed to do. I cancelled my class to teach at 3:30, but I will have a sign-up sheet for them, because their assignment is to visit the Farmers Market (hehe). Lastly, we need to get a clipboard for the petitions, or we could just put it on one of the tables. We also need to have pens. I guess we plan on decorating around 9am on Monday, so I don't mind going and putting yard signs in the ground before the farmers market begins especially around Freshmen parking area.

0 comments:

  © Blogger template 'Solitude' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP