Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Various RFC things!

Sorry for such a late reply. My internet connection was on the fritz again.

This has been a busy week, yet I feel like I have soo much more to do..

This week I:
- talked to Danate about getting more tote bags.

- emailed Allegra about making a map

- emailed signature pages, petition cards, flyers and other promotional materials to Reconnect mailing list, and to the email lists for the Realfoodselu email account. Adam gave me another list of email addresses, so I will send them the email tomorrow

- checked the realfoodselu email address a few times to answer questions. I heard back from a girl from the Alpha Sigma Tau sorority and she wants us to speak to her group. Their meetings are mondays at 6:15. I told her I'd talk to Tim, Sole, and Benny and get back to her soon.

- also going to talk to a nutrition intern from campus dining - she wants to help provide nutritional research/information cards about all the produce being sold, about local food having more nutrition, etc. I'm scheduled to talk to her tomorrow before lunch. This could be super helpful for Food Day!

- worked on the RFC school list a bit, and communicated with a few more of the people who answered back. I got a bit of good info/advice from a few schools, and a couple of them get local food direct from farmers as well as through a distributer. I'm bolding all the schools on my list I found so far that at least get some food directly from farmers and they are: Arizona State University, Cabrillo College (CA), Clark University (MA), and Duke University (NC).  Still got lots more to discover.. I'm hoping I'll get some more time to finish the rest of the list soon!


To be done:
- Talk to Dr. Gilbert - I will talk to her tomorrow.
- work on the RFC school list some more.


Still waiting on a response from Chef Joeseph. A little bit nervous about that. I'll probably have to send a follow-up email.

We also had our Reconnect meeting today - I think over ten people showed up, with lots of new, excited people! Several of them heard about the RFC from class presentations and were really excited to get involved. Flyers should be up in all the main buildings soon, and Allegra is scheduling a paint-party for us on sunday to finish painting the Food Day banner.

That's all I think. Thank you all so much for all your time and dedication. I keep getting so many students who come to me and are excited about the RFC and want to help!

-- Bonnie

0 comments:

  © Blogger template 'Solitude' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP