Tuesday, October 4, 2011

For the week of September 28th -- October 4th

Last Wednesday I went to two classroom presentations with Tim. The morning class went pretty well and the students were really into it. However, that afternoon's class can not have the same said about it. They were very unreceptive and all around unenthusiastic. With that said Tim is a very good presenter! I emailed another five teachers about classroom presentations (big classes such as lower level biology and history classes) however only one teacher has so far gotten back to me. I was talking to Sole' and we came to the conclusion that this either means that they haven't taken the time to read the email or it is a polite way of saying no thank you. Either way I will keep trying.

I made a contact card with all of Bonnie's information for Tim that way if anyone asks for it has can offer the card. I gave it to Bonnie as well so she could use it as she sees fit. I also gave Sole' all of the suggestions about the pamphlet that were mentioned in class last week.

I went to a food training workshop last Thursday at 2 p.m. and Dr. Kleiner happened to be there as well. It was pretty informative. So we are now set in that department for the Farmers Market on October 24th. I just have to be there.

I contacted the chef/general manager of Organic Inspirations and I got her voice mail so I am awaiting for response so I can find out how long she can volunteer her time and times.

I think that is it for this week. I am not sure if I am forgetting anything or not so I am done.

erica

0 comments:

  © Blogger template 'Solitude' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP