Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Presenting the raingarden idea

I have decided to make a couple of big posters introducing the idea of a rain garden to the students. My first poster will include the opportunities which the gardens will provide the students as far as visual stimulation for the campus and the possibilities for outdoor education. The second poster will elaborate upon how to build the garden from design to implementation and maintenance. I will try to keep both visual aids along the lines of elementary presentation so they will keep the attention of our young minds as well as boost their excitement over the process of creating something unique to their school campus. I have found a web site which encompasses all of these attributes and can hopefully provide the link so that I can post it to the blog so yall can see what I mean.
http://www.appliedeco.com/RainGarden.cfm

The pdf seems really extensive, but I can make it kid-friendly...I have a five year old and we're going to build one in our backyard, so I think it'll be cool. Let me know what's up!

0 comments:

  © Blogger template 'Solitude' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP