Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Post Farmers Market

The farmers market was a blast. I was so happy to see how excited a lot of the students were about the idea of fresh produce on campus. Many bought something to snack on if they lived on campus or bought more if they lived off campus. My mother even came for some sweet potatoes and other things.

With all that Jay and I bought I made an amazing gumbo. I had extra that I brought to work and my coworker ate a couple servings.

I am sending Bonnie the info she needs to forward to the business students now. Basically:
Methods used for marketing:

  1. talking to classes (27)
  2. radio
  3. signs
  4. flyers
  5. word of mouth
  6. newspaper
Methods not used this time:
  1. lawn signs
  2. t-shirts
  3. local tv
One thing that did not go as planned were the chefs. John Wong took produce from the campus dining services across the way to cook initially. Then there would be a line for him to cook stuff between classes. I think in the future Reconnect needs to supply the chefs with a certain amount of produce to cook and then give out as samples. We should also probably let them bring some stuff to sell possibly? Organic Inspirations needs not come back. If that lady had called me like she did Erica I would have flipped. Just being honest. They did not follow any instructions they were given and then were a pain to deal with once they got there. The bison burger was good, but not good enough to deal with them again.

0 comments:

  © Blogger template 'Solitude' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP