Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Farmers meeting soon!

Sorry for the late blog. Yesterday was mah BIRFDAY!

So, good news! We have a date for the meeting with the farmers. Not all of them will be available, but a good amount of them will be: this tuesday, Nov. 22nd at 11am. If need be, the time can be adjusted, but Dr. Burley said that would be a good time for him. I invited the Reconnect members too. I hope some of you all will be able to attend as well.

Sooo, I guess I should email Joseph and Brittany from Campus dining? I'll do that today!

The webinar was a little late, but it was very informative. I took notes. The first speaker had some great marketing ideas for farmers markets and some good things to consider if/as our farmers market gets bigger.. or it may not, and just stay small. The second speaker was my favorite, though, because he talked about the social and cultural aspects of farmers markets and how their farmers markets (Fondy Foods) served as a healing experience for their farmers. I think the social/cultural aspects (especially having minority farmers) are very important to consider, and I look forward to watching/observing and talking to people in the next farmers markets! But in addition to that, our farmers market will serve as a really important source for local, healthy food.. this will be the only farmers market in Hammond, right at  SELU!

I got the thank you letter for the RFC signature email list from Sole, thank you Sole! I've sent it out. I combined all of the contact groups into one contact group.

Now I just need to tweak that letter to the president!

I also talked to the Reconnecters about the Turtle Cove outing (they got Sole's email too) and they're super, super excited. I can't wait!

-- Bonnie

0 comments:

  © Blogger template 'Solitude' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP