Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Week of Sept. 20th-27th

I've got a meeting setup with the BSU (Black Student Union) for Monday, October 3rd to gage their interest in supporting the RFC as an organization. I also spoke with three classes last Wednesday for Ms. Casstevens (Sept. 21) and three classes today (Sept. 27th; Dr. McMillon and Ms. Hensley), and had a large amount of support from all six. The largest issue I faced was one professor asked if I had clearance from the University to be giving these presentations (caught me off guard; something to discuss in class). Also, I had two gentlemen visit my office to discuss involvement in Reconnect and the RFC, and I gave them information about Reconnect's meetings and goals within the RFC. Finally, I had a few students ask me questions after I gave my final presentation of the day to Ms. Hensley's class, and a few of them wanted me to speak to their sorority about trying to garner their organizational support.

0 comments:

  © Blogger template 'Solitude' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP