Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Sustainable Correspondence

This week I made a couple of different attempts at getting some higher profile support for our Food Day market. I sent an email and put in a phone call to the office of Scott Simon, the state representative from the district encompassing St. Tammany, Tangipahoa, and Washington parishes. Mr. Simon is the chairman of the Louisiana Sustainable Local Food Policy Council (http://repscottsimon.com/yahoo_site_admin/assets/docs/Louisiana_Sustainable_Local_Food_Policy_Council_Minutes_2211.166125621.pdf

I have not heard back from them yet, but I plan to make another call on Thursday (depending on what Doc Burley says).
In another attempt to bolster interest, I sent an email to the marketing agent for famous New Orleans chef/local food advocate, John Besh. Mr. Besh has worked with Nat Turner of Our School at Blair Grocery, and has even spoke with him at different events promoting the importance of local food systems. Haven't heard back yet, but the email auto-response indicated that the agent was out of town for the weekend, so he probably has some catching up to do. So, we hold our breath on that one.
Yet another move in correspondence, I entered in the lastest 117 student emails for the RFC email list and sent them to Bonnie. I hear there are more, and I say keep 'em coming, I'm getting pretty good at it.
Last, I helped Tim edit the petition cards to add our slogan (Let's Give Our Food Money Back to the Farmers!) as the heading. There are a couple of different font styles we can use.
That's all for now. Next time I'll get to the Envirostation on time.
Be well.

0 comments:

  © Blogger template 'Solitude' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP