Monday, March 8, 2010

Great photos!

It is clear that our "core" group of students really want to be there and enjoy helping us come up with our ideas. They are all very interested in growing a school garden and planting trees- some are even willing to give up their recess! They understand that they will no longer be at the school by the time the trees are large enough to enjoy, and they are okay with that! They still feel a sense of ownership with the trees because they helped plant them. I hope that we can do something about the singletary trash bin outside- it's simply not enough! If we could start implementing a recycling, we could at least have the students recycle their milk bottles (if they are recyclable plastic). One of the students mentioned that they do not have any soda on campus- a pleasant surprise! If we need supplies for Friday, I know I have at least one shovel in my shed. I'll look and see what all I have.

See you all tonight~

0 comments:

  © Blogger template 'Solitude' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP