Monday, April 19, 2010

"Painting and the Press"

Friday was one of our most productive visits yet! We had two reporters and one photographer present. They all asked very useful question to us, the students, Ms. Rousseau, and Ms. Beech. Our article in the Daily Star should be published either Tues or Wed (I will post when I find out). Some of the children seemed a little nervous speaking with a reporter; however, once we started our activity they spoke more openly and more confidently. Alex took a video of our activity and hopes to get it on the Daily Star's website along with our article. Some students who are usually more shy were eager to be in the "business" activity and participate. I noticed that while we were doing this activity, even the students who were painting stopped what they were doing to pay attention. At one point, I overheard a student (not in our group) what we were doing. One of our students then went on to explain to her classmate what rainbarrels are and why we are installing them.

I got a kick out of the things painted on the rainbarrels. This art is truly an expression of our students' selves. I noticed everything from their names, to flowers, to "I <3 Justin Beiber". Kids will be kids.

0 comments:

  © Blogger template 'Solitude' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP